Name: Tinga Lodge
Lion Sands Game Reserve is a place that enriches one’s soul. It is an extraordinary gift passed down over generations and even for those of us who have known its sweeping landscapes since birth, it remains a place of overwhelming beauty and discovery. Our family is one of the most fortunate in the world to have the privilege of being the custodians of one of Africa’s truly unspoiled wilderness areas. In the heart of the game-rich Sabi Sand Reserve and the world-renowned Kruger National Park, we have created an iconic destination.
Tinga is an escape that everyone should enjoy at least once in their lifetime.
Tinga Lodge: Quick Facts:
- 9 Suites for 18 guests. From August 2017, the two-bedroom Tinga Family Villa will be launched, taking the total lodge capacity to 22 guests.
- Children 10 years and older are welcome
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available
- Central Public Pool, and Private Plunge Pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi, in guest area
More about Tinga Lodge
Lion Sands Game Reserve
With just 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river, you are treated to the ultimate African luxury experience. Each of Tinga’s suites has a bathroom with a bath and shower, separate lounge area with minibar, private plunge pool and deck, 24 hour air-conditioning and a range of luxury amenities.
List of items INCLUDED
- All meals
- Mini bar in room
- All soft drinks and a selection of local beers, spirits and house wines
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger and tracker
- Guided bush walks
- Safari Sundowners, including beverages and canapés
- Hippo Tour
- Wildlife lectures
- Bush breakfasts, picnic lunches and bush dinners
- Skukuza Airport transfers
- Wi-Fi in public areas
List of items NOT INCLUDED
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines and champagnes
- Cigars and cigarettes
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport)
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Sabi Sand Entrance fees
- Sabi Sand Guest Conservation Contribution
- Any additional extras will be for the guests' account.
We were greeted warmly by Hazel, the assistant lodge manager. She was fabulous during our entire stay, as was every employee we came in contact with from game tracker, guide, dining room servers. We were so impressed that we hope to bring other couples and return next year.
“A truly wonderful experience”
It was a wonderful experience! I never though how profound an impression seeing all these beautiful animals in their natural habitat will make on me. The idea that a leopard could walk by us, at only a few feet distance, and yet that would be a very peaceful and relaxed moment was not something I could have foreseen!
Map of Area:
Tinga Lodge, Lion Sands Game Reserve
Price per person per night
11 Jan 2017 – 30 November 2017, 4 Jan 2018 – 10 Jan 2018
Tinga Lodge: R11870 per person sharing, R17805 per person single
1 Dec 2017 – 17 Dec 2017
Tinga Lodge: R10090 per person sharing, R15135 per person single
18 Dec 2017 – 3 Jan 2018
Tinga Lodge: R13650 per person sharing, R20475 per person single